Standard contents cover
Limited cover at your insured address. It’s the most budget friendly option that still gives you ‘new for old’ benefit for your contents.
Some other key benefits include*
- One event, one excess: If one claimable event occurs causing you to claim on multiple Tower car, house and contents policies, you’ll only need to pay one excess. It’s the highest excess that will apply.
- No claims bonus: If you haven’t made any claims with your previous insurer or with us for the last year, you’ll receive a no claims bonus. And if you don’t make any claims for the next two years you’ll qualify for an extra no claims bonus.
- Temporary accommodation: If your contents suffer loss or damage which is covered by EQCover or this policy and your home is uninhabitable as a result, then you’re covered for up to $15,000 for temporary accommodation.
- Tenant’s liability cover: This covers loss or damage you cause by fire, explosion, or water damage to the house that you rent.
- Keys and locks cover: Up to $500 cover, free of any excess, to replace keys, remote door openers and locks if yours are stolen, lost or illegally duplicated – helping relieve future burglary worries
- Frozen food deterioration: Up to $500 for frozen food that deteriorates to the point where it’s unsafe to eat after your refrigeration equipment accidentally stops working. Cover also applies to the repair cost for any loss or damage caused by the spoiled food.
*This is a summary only. For full terms and conditions refer to the policy wording.
NZCU Employees insurance is offered through Tower Insurance. NZCU Employees receive a commission on all insurance sold to members.
Interested in this product?Apply Online
If you would like more information about the product/service listed above, please fill in the form below and click ‘Submit’. We will call you in the next 48 hours to talk about the product and answer questions you may have.