Income Protection Cover
This policy provides you with a regular monthly payment to help replace your income if you are unable to work due to illness or injury. It provides for you and your family through this tough time.
Every year over 50,000 New Zealand households have someone in the family who is unable to work for 3 months or more. And yet only 26% of households have someone with Income Protection insurance – although 70% of households have their household contents insured!
While ACC covers accidents, it may not replace all your income – but it won’t provide for your family – or cover your mortgage – if you become ill and can’t work – which is why protecting your income is so important.
If you have Income Protection Insurance with us we’ll provide you with a monthly payment to help cover your bills, groceries, and rent or mortgage if you are unable to work due to illness or injury.
You can choose the plan that best suits your family’s needs, and make sure that you reduce the stress on your family as you recover from your illness or injury.
Here’s the basics:
- You choose the monthly payment amount that’s right for you, either 60% or 75% of your average monthly Income (before tax) up to a maximum of $12k per month
- You choose how long you want payments to continue for – either 6, 12, 24 or 36 months
- You can choose to wait either 30,60 or 90 days to receive your first payment, from the time you are unable to work
- Receive 10% off your first year’s premiums if you apply online
- You have to be aged between 18 and 59 to get a policy, and be either a NZ citizen or a NZ permanent resident
- You need to have been in paid employment for more than 30 hours a week in NZ for the past 2 years; either as an employee or self-employed. You can have changed employers during this time, as long as the gap between employers wasn’t more than 30 days
- You will be given the choice to add life insurance cover to your Income Protection policy
NZCU Employees insurance is offered through Pinnacle Life. NZCU Employees receive a commission on all insurance sold to members.