This policy provides for those you leave behind and helps them pay the rent or mortgage, invest in your children’s education, put food on the table and pay the bills.
If you have Life Cover we will pay a tax free lump-sum to the owner of the policy (or their estate) if you die, or earlier if you’re diagnosed with a terminal illness.
If you have an existing life insurance policy with another Life Insurance company you can either:
- apply for a new or replacement policy, if you like our new policy quote, or
- apply to save 20% on your existing life insurance premiums through a Switch process.
Here’s the basics:
- You choose the amount that’s right for you, from $50,000 to $2 million ($100,000 to $1.5 million online).
- You have to be aged between 18 and 75 to get a policy. You can apply online if you are aged 20 to 69 and living in NZ, Australia, USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Hong Kong or Singapore. If you are outside the online age range please talk to us.
- You might be offered extra cover, such as cover in the event you are diagnosed with a serious illness.
- If you’re accepted online (and 3 out of 4 people are) you’ll be covered by the end of the application process.
- You’ll get a 10% discount for the first year if you apply online, and you might also be eligible for further discounts and benefits.
- If you apply for a joint life policy, you will be eligible for a joint policy discount.
NZCU Employees insurance is offered through Pinnacle Life. NZCU Employees receive a commission on all insurance sold to members.